Bread is toasted and tossed with saut̩éd vegetables. This is flavoured with oregano and makes a filling snack or side dish. Can be had at breakfast or tea.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 loaf Wheat Bread
1 cup Chopped Bell Pepper
1 cup Sliced Onion
1 tsp Oregano
1/2 cup Chopped Tomato
Salt, To Taste
1/2 tsp Pepper
- Slice the bread into inch sized cubes.
- Microwave these until dry and crisp. Set aside.
- Chop the bell peppers vertically into inch-long strips.
- Chop the onion into two and separate the layers.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add the olive oil.
- Add the onions, followed by the peppers.
- Sauté on medium/high for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saut̩é to seal in the juices.
- Add the toasted bread pieces to the sautéd vegetables and sprinkle over salt and oregano.
- Serve hot with the sauces of your choice. If not served immediately, the bread could turn soggy in the vegetable juices.