Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 35 mins
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 large Beaten Egg
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
7 tbsp Butter
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Walnuts
2 cup Maida Flour
12 Raw Walnuts Halves
- Place the butter (at room temperature), along with the sieved sugars and salt and whisk them until they are well creamed.
- Toast the walnuts, chop them and roughly crush them using a rolling pin. Add these to the mixture.
- Now, spoon by spoon, add the sieved flour and baking soda to the butter-sugar mixture and whisk again.
- Reserve half of the beaten egg for brushing later. Whisk the other half into the dough.
- On a rolling board, roll the dough into a long cylinder. Cut the desired number of discs in your desired size.
- Gently hand mould each disc into a ball. Arrange these balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, a couple inches apart.
- Gently place a walnut half on each dough ball and press until it fits snuggly into the dough.
- Cover the cookies in cling film and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Once done, lightly brush the remainder of the beaten egg over each dough ball and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, leave the cookies in the oven until the temperatures cool down. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with milky tea to make any evening sublime.