Vermicelli is easily the most prolific of pudding ingredients in India. It’s also a handy recipe come any festival. This milky pudding is easy to make and is enriched with clarified butter, dried nuts and fruits. Using pre-roasted vermicelli makes this pudding even easier and completely foolproof.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15 mins
250g Roasted Vermicelli
3 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Ghee
4 pods Green Cardamom
2 tsp Almonds
2 tsp Cashew Nuts
1 tsp Raisins
- Take a deep-bottomed dish and heat the ghee.
- Roast the almonds and cashew nuts until brown and then add the raisins. It’s better to keep the raisins until last as they burn quickly. Raisins can be considered done, when they puff up.
- Save these in a bowl.
- In the same pan, boil the milk and add the roasted vermicelli.
- Cook on low heat until the vermicelli turns transparent.
- Add the sugar at the last moment as sugar can slow down the cooking process.
- You could also add a teaspoon of full cream at this stage, to give a silky consistency to the pudding.
- Allow the mixture to boil for two more minutes, then add the roasted nuts and fruits.
- Serve the pudding hot or cold, it tastes good at any temperature!