Sweet and Sour Chicken is one of those mouthwatering Chinese dishes which everyone practically grows up with. Usually, from ordering it frequently in restaurants and from takeaways. Why not make it at home for a much healthier version?
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
3 Chicken Breast
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
1/2 cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
1/2 cup Chopped White Onion
1/4 cup Ketchup
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Cornstarch
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir in the soy sauce and ketchup. Set aside.
- In a wok or nonstick skillet, brown the chicken and onions in oil.
- Chop the coloured peppers and add to the chicken. Stir fry until the peppers turn crisp.
- Now add the prepared sauce to the dish and bring to the boil.
- Check the consistency and allow the dish to cook more if you desire a thicker sauce.
- Serve with plain or fried rice.