Lamb Vindaloo is a delicious Lamb version of the conventional Pork Vindaloo, a product of the coming together of Portuguese, British and Indian cuisines. Often acclaimed as the 'spiciest and hottest' on British restaurant menus, the violently red Vindaloo is now easy to make at home, thanks to ready made Vindaloo Spice Paste.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 60 mins
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 cup Onion Chopped
2 tbsp Vindaloo Spice Paste
250g Diced Lamb
1 cup Chopped Tomatoes
1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Coriander
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and fry onions until golden.
- Add the spice paste to the cooked onions and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the lamb and fry until brown and sealed.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Once tomatoes reduce, add water and simmer on gentle heat for 40 minutes.
- Ensure the lamb is cooked through, then serve garnished with fresh coriander and lemon wedges alongside Naan bread or Rice.