No-one does potato salads like the Koreans. Their version of this popular dish is a velvety mixture of potatoes, complimented by the crunch of different vegetables, with the added sweetness of honey. If you’re looking for a potato side dish for your next meal or event, the Korean potato salad should be right at the top of your list.
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
1 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Cucumber
1/2 cup Red Pepper
3 Hard-Boiled Eggs
2 cup Potato Chunks
Salt, To Taste
1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook until tender.
- Now, sprinkle some salt over the cucumber and toss them in a bowl.
- Let them sit in the bowl for about 5 minutes, until they wilt slightly.
- Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them to one side. Chop the remaining egg whites into chunks.
- Add the egg whites, mayonnaise, red pepper, cucumber, honey, and cooked potatoes to a large bowl.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the egg yolks into a strainer and press them to make yolk crumbs.
- Sprinkle the yolk crumbs on top of the salad to garnish.
- Serve chilled.