The classic Chicken Korma can be made in a jiffy using a ready-made korma curry paste. This mild curry is rendered rich and aromatic by the paste, a delicate blend of coconut and authentic spices.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15 mins
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Medium Chopped Onion
2 tbsp Korma Spice Paste
1 tsp Ginger
250g Diced Chicken Breast
2 tbsp Double Cream
1 tsp Garlic
1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Coriander
Salt, To Taste
Sugar, To Taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and add the chopped onion.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the ginger and garlic pieces.
- When the ginger and garlic release their aromas, add the chicken pieces and fry for 5 minutes.
- When the chicken pieces are browned, add the Korma Curry Paste and allow to cook for a minute.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture is reduced and thickened, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the double cream and simmer for 5 more minutes. Sugar and salt may now be added, according to your preference.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with roti bread or rice.