Shikanji is the traditional form of lemonade from North India. As Indian summers are sweltering, Shikanji is also one for the hot weather. Its cooling characteristics help to maintain your body’s temperature and prevent you from heatstroke.
Prep: 7 mins
3 Cups Water
1 Medium Lemon
4 to 5 Mint Leaves, Optional
1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
Sugar, To Taste
Black Salt, To Taste
- Pour the water into a bowl.
- Cut the medium lemon into two and squeeze into the bowl of water.
- Add the roasted cumin powder, sugar, and black salt into the bowl.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Pour into two glasses and use the mint leaves to garnish.
- Serve chilled.