Delicious vegan fritters combining chopped onions and spices, coated in seasoned batter and deep-fried in olive oil. The perfect party time snack or an interesting side to any meal.
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 30 mins
1 cup Gram Flour
2 tsp Self-Raising Flour
1 tsp Gondal Chilli Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 cup Thinly Sliced Onions
1/4 cup Chopped Spring Onions
1/4 cup Fresh Chopped Coriander
2 tsp Chopped Green Chilli
Salt, To Taste
2 cup Olive Oil
- Sift the flours together to eliminate lumps.
- Stir in the chilli powder and garam masala, and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and gradually add enough water to make a smooth batter. It must coat the back of a spoon but not be runny.
- Set the batter aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, apart from the olive oil, to the batter and let it sit for ten minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep, heavy-based frying pan.
- When the oil is hot, drop spoonfuls of the batter mixture into the oil and fry for 5-6 minutes.
- The fritters must be crisp and golden-brown to be considered done.
- Serve with your choice of dip, we recommend Indian Mint Chutney or Mango Chutney, and enjoy!