Fennel seeds are slightly green in colour and can have either a sweet or bitter aniseedy flavour. In India, fennel is chewed after most meals as a breath-freshener and many Indian restaurants will serve Fennel seeds at the end of a meal to aid digestion.
- Versatile, used in both sweet and savoury dishes from meat and fish to baking and desserts
- Nibble on-the-go for an all natural breath freshener
- Toast to release a more bitter flavour
- Whole seeds are commonly used in pickles and chutney
- Add to homemade sweet Indian Chai