Sona Masoori Rice, sometimes known as Sona Masuri or Sona Mahsuri is a type of medium-grained rice lightweight and aromatic. It is a result of the cross combination of the rice varieties called Sona and Mahsuri. Red Rickshaw Sona Masoori Rice is a high-quality rice grain and is well-loved all across Southern India because it goes perfectly well with South Indian and Sri Lankan flavours.
Masoori Rice has a low-starch content, making it ideal if you love making stir-fry rice dishes because the grains will glide effortlessly around the pan. Sona Masoori Rice's delicate flavour also goes well with coconut rice, steamed rice, Pongal, and many South Indian curries.
To achieve the best results, it is recommended to wash the Sona Masoori rice UK and leave it to soak in water for about 20-30 minutes before cooking.
Method 1: Using a saucepan
- Using a saucepan with a lid, pour the rice. Add water about double the amount of the rice you used.
- Wait until the rice boils and cover it with the lid. Make sure to reduce the heat and let it simmer for 12 minutes.
- Once all the water has evaporated, take the saucepan off the heat. Leave it to rest for another 5 minutes. Serve.
Method 2: Using a microwave
- Using a microwavable bowl, pour 1 part rice to 2 parts of water.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and cook for about 6-10 minutes depending on the type of microwave you have.
- You can add salt to taste. Serve.
Method 3: Using an electric rice cooker
- Thoroughly rinse the rice twice under a faucet.
- Place the rice into the rice cooker pot, using the standard 1:2 ratio for rice and water.
- Add a bit of salt. Turn on the appliance and allow it to cook.
- Once it is done, fluff it up using a wooden spoon to avoid scraping the bottom part.
Benefits of Sona Masoori Rice
Compared to regular rice, Sona Masoori Rice online UK is packed with more nutrients. It is a good source of energy because it is rich in carbohydrates. Sona Masoori is also low in fat which is excellent for those who want to live a healthier lifestyle and are on a diet. Other types of nutrients it includes are Calcium, Potassium, Iron, and Manganese.
Stir-Fried Chicken and Vegetables with Fried Rice
- 2 cups of Sona Masoori
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ of a teaspoon of fish oil
- Slice the chicken into cubes. In a wok, heat the sesame oil and stir fry the onions and garlic.
- Add the chicken and let it cook properly.
- Add your cooked Masoori Rice after about 2 minutes and add in the soy sauce and fish oil. Cook the rice along with the chicken for another 10 minutes.
- Stir constantly and add a bit of sesame oil for more flavour. Serve.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally