Expert growers have been lovingly cultivating the Indian mango for millenia, resulting in an incredible number of different varieties. While many of these varieties bring something unique to their native regions, none is more celebrated than the Alphonso. You can recognise it by its vibrant colour, reminiscent of marigolds and saffron, and you'll love it for its rich creaminess, complex sweetness and tender, juicy texture.
Grown mainly in Maharashtra in Northern India, Alphonso mangos enjoy a brief season from April until June— that's because they weren't selected for their high yield or ability to withstand harsh weather, but purely for their distinctive, unbeatable taste.
It's our pleasure, and maybe even our obsession, to bring you the finest Alphonsos this mango season.
- Known as hapoos, hafoos, hapuz, aapoos and 'the king of fruits' in India
- A rare and celebrated delicacy, expertly grown & cultivated
- Unbeatably tender, juicy, flavourful & fragrant
- ""Imagine a cross between peach, nectarine, apricot and melon with notes of honey and citrus. But better." —the Guardian
- Great for desserts, lassi, curries, salads, salsa, chutneys & preserves
- Also available in pairs and in larger boxes