The perfect companion for your tea, Haldiram Plain Bhujia, the crispy noodle goodness of this flavourful Indian snack is now available at Red Rickshaw. Order yours and have it delivered today, just in time for the family snack time.
Haldiram Plain Bhujia is a classic Indian snack that is well-loved all over the country. It is not only a snack but it can also be used as a garnishing ingredient for a more flavourful elevated dish. The Haldiram Plain Bhujia has a spicy taste that with just one bite - it can take you across the borders of India.
The best thing about this snack is that it is not just another ordinary junk food packed with preservatives; in fact, this snack is also packed with nutrients that you will find beneficial too.
Haldiram Plain Bhujia is a classic potato snack but with the staple Indian flavours to it, which made it stand out among any other potato snacks anywhere. Bhujia is said to have originated from Rajasthan and Gujarat – which are known to be a place that loved dry food items.
A 100-gram serving of Haldiram Plain Bhujia contains:
- Energy: 2382.6 kJ/570 kcal
- Fat: 38.8 grams
- (Saturated Fat): 11.7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 41 grams
- (Sugar): 3.5 grams
- Fibre: 8.6 grams
- Protein: 14.2 grams
- Salt: 2.3 grams
This product also contains:
- Tepary Beans Flour
- Edible Vegetable Oil
- Gram Pulse Flour
- Edible Common Salt Powder
- Ginger Powder
- Black Pepper Powder
- Clove Powder
- Mace Powder
- Nutmeg Powder
Moth Bean Flour (43%), Vegetable Oil (Cotton Seed, Corn & Palm) (in variable proportion), Chickpeas Flour (12%), Salt and Mix Spices (2%) (Black Pepper Powder, Ginger Powder, Clove Powder and Cardamom Powder)
Properly store this product in a cool and dark place away from direct sunlight. Once opened, keep tightly closed and consume. This product is ready to eat. Do not expose the contents to a pungent smell.
The True Flavours of Aloo Bhujia
Haldiram Plain Bhujia is a modern take in snack form, of the traditional Aloo Bhujia - which is a staple dish in India. Here is a classic Aloo Bhujia recipe that you will surely enjoy.
ALOO BHUJIA RECIPE
- 2 pieces of potato
- 1 cup of gram flour (besan)
- ½ teaspoon of garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of amchur powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of Kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon of chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Cook the potatoes using a pressure cooker (3 to 4 whistles). Peel off the skin, add lemon juice, and mash.
- Combine the gram flour, red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala powder, amchur, Kasuri methi powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to the mashed potato. Knead the butter with your hands. Sprinkle with water, if needed. (This is a sticky mixture; lather your hands with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat – using a Murukku mould, make your sev.
- Deep fry your sev in cooking oil until golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine fried sev with chaat masala powder, cover, and shake well.
- Serve your Aloo Bhujia or store in an airtight container.