Heera Ponni Raw Rice is a 5 Kg pack of raw ponni rice indigenously used in Indian cuisine.
Ponni Rice UK is the most commonly consumed rice variety.
It is an excellent source of protein and is highly nutritious. Ponni Rice is an excellent source of fibre and other nutrients which are needed by the body. Its taste enhances when it is eaten with curries and sambar.
ponni rice is very much famous in South India, and it is also exported to countries like Australia and Africa.
Features and Health Benefits :
- It is an excellent source of fibre as it is the raw form of rice.
- It contains calcium, potassium
- Vitamin B-6, which has many functions in the body, is also present in ponni rice.
- It has a rich nutty flavour.
- It is suitable for people with diabetes
- Digests easily
Thus, ponni rice has several health benefits and is highly recommended for diabetic or high blood pressure patients. One can also order ponni rice online.
Recipes that can be made with ponni rice
Rice is a staple food of Indian cuisine. It can be boiled according to instructions and be eaten along with a sambar or any side dish.
Other recipes that can be prepared with ponni rice are as follows.
- Vegetable pulao- it is a simple dish made with rice and vegetables tossed in some oil.
- Biriyani - it is a mixed rice dish sometimes made with chicken or mutton or egg. It has a variety of Indian spices and is a prevalent Indian dish.
These recipes can quickly be tried out using the Heera ponni raw rice.
Tomato ponni rice recipe- How to Cook
- serves- 2
- prep time -10 mins
- Soaked heera rice(1 cup)
- Finely grounded mint leaves(1 bunch)
- Chopped tomatoes(4)
- Fennel seeds(2 tsp)
- Bay leaf(1 or 2)
- Clove(1 or 2)
- Ginger-garlic paste(1 tsp)
- Masala(1 tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Take mint and tomatoes.
- Grind them.
- Take the required amount of oil into the pressure cooker. Add fennel seeds. Heat it for a few minutes. Then, add ginger, garlic paste, and onions. Cook them on a medium flame.
- Once the ingredients turn to golden brown colour, add soaked ponni rice, cloves, cardamoms, bay leaves, tomato paste, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Then, add ½ cup of lukewarm water.
- Finally, lid the cooker and cook for five whistles.
For garnishing at the end, sprinkle a few chopped coriander leaves. The mouth-watering hot and spicy tomato ponni rice recipe is ready to serve.