Idhayam Gingelly Oil is manufactured by V.V.V & Sons Edible Oils Limited for Idhayam Group of Companies. Founded in 1986, Idhayam specialises in Gingelly Oil, or also known as Til Oil, and Indian oil. It has a distinct nutty flavour and aroma, which is excellent for enhancing many dishes.
Originating from India, this versatile oil has been proven to help lower your cholesterol, improve your oral health, and aid in weight loss. Gingili oil is also used as a moisturiser or massage lotion for many people who like to keep their skin cells healthy. Overall, this oil can be used for cooking and massage, making it well-loved by Indians for more than three decades.
What is Gingelly Oil?
Gingelly Oil is an edible vegetable oil made from sesame seeds. The difference between Sesame Oil and Gingelly Oil is the process of extracting the oils. Other than that, they both come from the parent seed. To know what is the best oil to use when you’re cooking, here is a guide about the three variants of oils and their uses in the kitchen:
- Sesame Oil- This oil is yellow and is commonly used for deep frying, stir-frying and food flavouring. It has a high smoke point.
- Gingerly Oil- This oil is golden yellow or amber. It is perfect for stir-frying and enhancing the natural flavours of your dish because of its nutty undertone. It has a low smoke point.
- Dark Brown Sesame Oil- This has the lowest smoke point among the three variants. This is only used for flavour enhancements and as an oil dressing.
Chicken is perfectly paired with Gingelly Oil because its aromatic components are enhanced. Here is a quick recipe with easy to find ingredients that you can find in your kitchen:
GINGELLY OIL CHICKEN (NAL ENNAI CHICKEN)
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients that you will need:
- Turmeric powder
- Curry leaves
- Idhayam Gingelly Oil
- Chilli flakes
How to cook Gingelly Oil Chicken:
- Heat the Gingelly oil in a pan.
- Add the chilli flakes. Remember to keep the heat in low to medium because chilli flakes are easily burned.
- Add the curry leaves and garlic. Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes until the onions become translucent in colour.
- Add in the sliced chicken pieces into the pan. Saute and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour 3/4th cup of water, cover with a lid, and cook for 15 minutes. Take the top off after 8-10 minutes or until the water is almost completely absorbed. Check if the chicken is thoroughly coated with the Masala mixture.
- Garnish it with dried chilli flakes to add a delicious twist to your dish.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.