Not all basmati rice is created equal. Kohinoor's Platinum means rice sourced exclusively from the valleys of the Himalayas, each grain aged after picking for 1-2 years to develop its signature sweet flavour notes and that distinctive aroma that will have cartoon characters floating nose-first into your kitchen. This is the Indian rice you've been looking for, whether you need some fluffy goodness alongside your favourite curry, or you're looking to make a better biryani— after all, if you're making a dish that's at least 50% rice, why settle for anything less than the purest, most sophisticated basmati?
- Proper basmati from the Himalayas, India's most highly prized rice
- Long, slender grains that retain their texture and shape
- The best basmati is aged for at least a year to develop fragrance, flavour and 'clean' texture
- Natural, light and full of flavour
- Ideal for making fluffy white rice, pulao, pilaf, biryani and much more