If you are looking for a Basmati Rice with extra flavours, the Kohinoor Platinum Basmati Rice 5kg is a great choice. It has a delicately sweet taste and nutty aroma, making it perfect for your favourite Pilaf, Curry, and Biryani recipes.
The Kohinoor extra-long Basmati Rice is the hallmark of their food company with their thorough quality practices, strict sourcing & milling policy which produces the delicate sweet flavour and separable rice grains. Kohinoor Basmati has been a long-established name as a trusted basmati rice brand for over 38 years.
Kohinoor sources their Kohinoor Basmati Rice 10kg from the majestic snow-fed valleys of the Himalayas; this is why the Kohinoor Platinum Basmati Rice review is trusted by its consumers across the world for producing the finest Basmati Rice from the Himalayan region.
Suggested serving: 60g of rice per person
Precaution: The appliances you use will vary, and it is recommended that the cooking time for each should be adjusted.
- Prepare 60g uncooked rice per person and rinse well in cold running water.
- Take a large pan and fill it with water. Bring it to a boil. You can also add a pinch of salt if you prefer.
- Add the rice and cover the pan. Wait for it to boil again.
- After boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for another 10-12 minutes. Check if the rice is well-cooked and the water is already absorbed.
- Avoid opening the lid often or stirring the rice too frequently.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Drain well and let it stand for 2-3 minutes before fluffing it up using a fork.
What makes Kohinoor Rice special?
Did you know that the Kohinoor Basmati Rice review is excellent because of its rich flavour? This easy to prepare, extra-long grain rice is traditionally aged for 24 months, giving it its distinct nutty taste and delicious aroma.
Check out this quick and easy rice dish that will leave you wanting for more. Brown basmati rice works great when mixed with tomatoes, Kala Chana, plums, and spring onions.
Brown Basmati Rice Pilaf
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Recipe Servings: 4
Ingredients you will need:
- KOHINOOR PLATINUM BASMATI RICE
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1 Medium Onion
- 50-60g of Black Chana (cooked)
- 6-7 pcs of Black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp Celery, chopped
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 green chilli
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 6-8 Broccoli florets
- 2 plums, chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato (cut into chunks)
Method for cooking Rice Pilaf
- In a pan, heat the butter and olive oil. Add in the cinnamon, black peppercorns, and cumin seeds.
- Throw in the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Add the Kala Chana and chopped vegetables.
- Add the Kohinoor Basmati Rice into the pan along with the tomatoes. Season using salt and pepper.
- Add a bit of water. Let it simmer for a few more minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Place the broccoli into the pan and let it steam with the basmati rice.
- Garnish with chopped plums and spring onions. Serve.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.