Lee Kum Kee Crushed Yellow Bean Sauce is a staple condiment when it comes to everyday Chinese cuisines. It is made from crushed yellow beans and has a classic sweet and salty taste. This yellow bean sauce can be used along with other spices to make Oriental dishes and sauces. It is an all-purpose cooking sauce for stir-frying, steaming, or braising meat and fish.
Yellow bean sauce is sometimes called fermented yellow soybean paste or brown bean sauce. The Yellow Bean Sauce taste depends on what is added to the beans, like Hoi Sin Sauce and Guilin Chili Sauce, which gives each dish a unique flavour.
The Lee Kum Kee yellow bean paste contains the following:
- Fermented Soybean Paste 57% (Water, Salt, Soybeans, Wheat Flour)
- Soy Sauce
- Yeast extract
- Soybean oil
- Colours (E150a, E150c)
- Flavour Enhancers E631, E627
- Modified Corn Starch
Serving size: 100g
Lee Kum Kee Crushed Yellow Bean Sauce Recipe
This cashew and nut dish uses Yellow Bean Sauce and is balanced with the sweet taste of ginger. It goes well with broccoli and other types of seasonal vegetables.
Chicken with Cashew Nuts and Yellow Bean Sauce
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Allergens: Nuts, Eggs, Gluten, Soya
Serving amount: 3 persons
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 stems of broccoli
- 2 units of garlic cloves
- 5 units of chicken thighs
- 1.5 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 units of spring onions
- 1.5 tbsp of ginger
- 1.5 tbsp of cornflour
- 1.5 tbsp of LEE KUM KEE CRUSHED YELLOW BEAN SAUCE
- 3 units of egg noodles
- Cut the end of the stems of the broccoli and discard. Slice the spring onions finely. Peel the garlic and ginger, slice finely.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and add in the cornflour and a pinch of salt.
- Crush the cashew nuts lightly. Toast them in a frying pan until they are golden brown. Watch them closely to avoid overcooking. Set aside.
- In a large pot, boil water and add a pinch of salt for the noodles and broccoli. Boil the noodles for around 4 minutes. Halfway through this, add the broccoli so they can cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Drain them under running water. Put the noodles and broccoli back in the pot filled with cold water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown. Set aside
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, Lee Kum Kee Yellow Soybean Sauce, rice vinegar and the water.
- Add the chicken back to the frying pan along with the sauce and mix everything. Add your drained noodles and broccoli and stir-fry for another minute.
- Garnish with the toasted cashew nuts and spring onions. Serve.