Pressure cookers and particularly the premier pressure cooker is known for cooking meals faster while using less water. Apart from cooking meals faster, the premier cooker also kills viruses and bacteria on meals. Above all, the short cooking minutes help conserve energy.
The renowned premier cooker is made using stainless steel, aluminium and bakelite. This pressure cooker also suits different cooking surfaces. Additionally, this cooker is also dishwasher safe.
What are the main uses of a premier pressure cooker?
Generally, this pressure cooker is designed for two purposes, namely:
- Pressure canning- As stated earlier, a premier cooker can kill dangerous bacteria breeding in meals. Pressure canning kills bacteria that survive beyond the standard boiling points.
- Pressure cooking- This cooking method prepares meals faster when compared to ordinary pans. Vegetables, cereals and meat, among others, can be prepared using this cooking method.
The basics of a Pressure cooker
The different premier pressure cooker parts contribute to normal functioning. Therefore, ensure all the parts are fully functional and free from dents or cracks. Typically, a pressure cooker produces steam that cooks meals faster.
For a normal function, the premier pressure cooker should always have water or a liquid. Water in the cooker should never be full. This leaves room for steam released to accumulate.
An individual should also identify the meals that can be cooked with a pressure cooker. Some meals cannot be cooked in a pressure cooker and might end up burning or overcooking.
Preparing meals for pressure cooking
Meals take different periods to prepare. Therefore, some meals like cereals should be soaked overnight in water. An example of cereal is beans. Some meals are like meat can be seasoned before pressure cooking.
Operating a pressure cooker
Preparing meals the right way helps avoid accidents or the meal getting burned. Below is the step by step process for premier cooker operation:
- Place the ready to cook food inside the cooker. Afterwards, add the required water levels, depending on the food.
- Lock the lid before placing the pressure cooker on heat. Usually, a cooker should cook under medium or high heat.
- Water will be converted to steam once the water. Afterwards, the pressure in the cooker will increase and simmer the food.
- Reduce the cooking heat after a specific interval, depending on the meal being prepared.
Removing the readily cooked meal in the premier cooker
The process of removing food from this pressure cooker, once ready, is straightforward. Below is the step by step process:
- Turn off the heat once the meal is ready. Meals have different cooking intervals.
- Lower the pressure levels inside the pressure cooker. Press on the release button and allow the pressure levels to lower. Don’t lift off the lid immediately after removing the cooker from heat.
- Ensure all the pressure has been released before opening the lid.
Visit Red Rickshaw today and secure a premier pressure cooker that can prepare different meals. Besides, this brand is known for its durability. Hence, individuals can use this pressure cooker for a long time.