Okra is a vegetable that can be included in different meals. All Shana Okra has been carefully picked. Afterwards, the okra is washed, cut into pieces before being frozen. This helps retain taste and nutrients in the vegetable. Also, this vegetable is included in different recipes.
Choose Red Rickshaw as the leading Okra UK supplier and get deliveries on time. Long term consumption of this vegetable helps the body in different ways. This okra is also ready to cook. Therefore, the preparation is simple.
How to cook okra
- Shana Okra
- Mustard seeds
- Coriander leaves
- Tomato puree
- Chilli powder
- Pour some oil into a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Stir for a few minutes before adding cumin.
- Add the Shana okra after five minutes.
- Stir and add chilli powder, salt and tomato puree to the pan.
- Add coriander leaves on the okra pan and serve.
Health Benefits of Shana Okra
The Shana cut okra offers users a lot of health benefits. Some might be felt immediately, whereas others are visible after a while. Some health benefits include:
- This vegetable is a good source of fibre. Therefore, a person will be satiated for hours. This promotes weight maintenance.
- The fibre in okra also improves digestion by softening the stool. Also, fibre relieves constipation.
- Individuals with high cholesterol levels will benefit from okra. This vegetable helps shed off some cholesterol levels in the body.
- The magnesium in Shana Okra helps regulate blood pressure levels.
- This vegetable contains both myricetin and fibre, which help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Lectin found in frozen okra is an anti-cancer property that suppresses cancer cells at early stages. The anti-cancer property also reduces the chances of developing cancer.
- The anti-oxidants in this vegetable deal with free radicals. Also, anti-oxidants facilitate healthy skin.
Recipe Suggestion for Okra
Recipes that have Shana cut okra as an ingredient have a delicious taste. This is the reason individuals should try the recipes.
- Shana Okra
- Cooking oil
- Chopped red onion
- Cumin seeds
- Chopped tomatoes
- Green chillies
- Chopped ginger
- Amchur Dried mango powder
- Coriander powder
- Red chillies powder
- Turmeric powder
- Garam masala
- Ginger Julienne
- Add Shana okra in a pan with hot cooking oil. Stir for two minutes and allow the okra to cook for ten minutes under medium heat.
- Afterwards, lower the heat and cook for another five minutes while regularly stirring. Set aside after the five minutes.
- Place cumin seeds in another pan with oil—cook for a minute before adding chopped onions.
- Stir until the onion is soft before adding green chillies and ginger—cook for three minutes before adding chopped tomatoes.
- Ensure the tomatoes are mushy and soft before adding amchur, coriander powder, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala.
- Stir the spices and add some water. Afterwards, add the cooked okra to the pan. Mix well and cook for five minutes under low heat.
- Use ginger julienne if necessary.
- Serve the dish with rice, paratha or Rotis.
Bhindi do Pyaza is another Shana Okra recipe individuals should try out. The ingredients are readily available.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.