Paratha is one of the staple flatbread varieties that are popular in India. Paratha comes from two words, parat and atta, which translates to “layers of cooked dough”. It is a flaky piece of bread that is traditionally fried in a tawa (a stone frying pan). It is mainly served as a side dish for breakfast, or as part of the main course. Flatbreads are known to perfectly complement India’s finest savoury dishes.
Just like any other type of bread, the staple paratha recipe has evolved and made way for flavoured variants which made it enough to be a standalone food. As the evolution of paratha continues, ready-made paratha is now available in the market. We highly recommend the Shana Garlic Paratha which has five deliciously ready-made parathas made even more delicious with the rich flavours of garlic. Such integrated products make cooking at home easier and convenient while keeping the savoury essence of India’s finest ingredients intact.
You can now order your Shana Garlic Paratha at Red Rickshaw and have it delivered to your doorstep today! Level up your meal experience with sumptuous Indian dishes paired with delectable garlic paratha.
Shana Garlic Paratha consisting of five (5) portions at a serving size of one (1) at 65 grams each contains:
- Energy (kJ / kcal): 982 / 235
- Fat (g): 12.5 grams (of which 6.8 grams saturates)
- Carbohydrates (g): 26.1 grams (of which 2.9 grams is sugar)
- Protein (g): 3.8 grams
- Salt (g): 0.9 grams
Wheat Flour, Water, Margarine (Soy - Palm Oil Based), Sugar, Garlic, Green Chilli, Salt, Raising Agent (Sodium Bicarbonate)
The factory handles milk, egg, nuts, mustard seeds, sesame seeds and peanuts.
Cooking Instruction for Shana Garlic Paratha
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium flame. (No need for oil or butter)
- Place one (1) paratha onto the pan; cook each side for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a clean plate and serve warm with hot gravy, curry, pickle, or chutney.
Delicious Indian Dishes with Paratha Recipes
Now, there’s no need to look for an easy paratha recipe, Shana Garlic Paratha can be easily prepared. However, you can only truly enjoy an amazing garlic paratha if it’s paired with the right flavourful dish that will complement the amazing taste of garlic.
Here is a simple Indian dish that you can prepare at home and serve with Shana Garlic Paratha.
Shana Garlic Paratha with Tomato Curry
- 1 Shana Garlic Paratha (5 pieces)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ripe truss tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons of hot chilli pepper paste
- 2 teaspoons of crushed white pepper
- 20 grams of raisins
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt to taste
- Toasted pine nuts, for garnishing
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the cloves of garlic (add a pinch of salt) and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over low heat then add the crushed garlic. Stir well until the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes while continuously stirring. Allow it to cook until the tomatoes are completely mashed up.
- Season with salt and hot chilli pepper paste and stir well.
- Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Then add the raisins and cover again. Turn down the heat to low flame and allow the tomato mixture to reduce.
- Add salt and sugar, according to your preference.
- Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with toasted pine nuts and set aside.
- Follow the cooking instructions for Shana Garlic Paratha (5 pieces).
- Serve the warm parathas with your tomato curry. Enjoy!