Aubergine is sometimes called Indian Aubergine or eggplant. The small aubergine is classified under berries but prepared as vegetables and can be prepared whole or sliced. Consequently, baby eggplant can be included in different recipes. The fleshy texture of this product can substitute meat in vegan meals.
Aubergine also improves the overall taste of meals. This is why the product is commonly used in different recipes. Above all, the nutritional value of this product is impressive and beneficial to users.
How to Cook Small Aubergine
There are three different ways small eggplants are prepared. These are frying, grilling and roasting. Chop the Aubergine stalks off and cut them into slices. Afterwards, apply some oil on both sides of the eggplant. Season the chopped aubergine with pepper and salt.
Add some cooking oil to the pan and fry the small aubergine under medium flame—Fry for five minutes on one side before turning to the other side. The aubergine should turn golden brown.
Health Benefits of Aubergine
Regularly consuming eggplants boosts an individual's health in different ways. Some eggplants health benefits include:
- Digestion- Aubergine has high amounts of fibre which improve the digestive tract health. Fibre increases the rate of digestion in the body.
- Phytonutrients, one of the components found in small eggplants, improves the brain's functionality. This component improves the blood supply rate to the brain. In the long run, an individual's memory will improve.
- Aubergine has enough amounts of iron that can prevent anaemia. Regular intake of this berry can address weakness and tiredness linked to anaemia.
- Fibre reduces the cholesterol levels in the body by natural means. This boosts the heart's health and reduces the possibilities of contracting heart-related complications.
- Regular intake of aubergine makes bones strong and also improves the bone's density.
- This natural berry prevents chronic conditions through different antioxidants.
Recipe Suggestions for Small Aubergine
There are different small Aubergine recipes available for you to prepare. Besides, the recipes are simple and easy to implement. Below is one of the easier recipes you can try.
Brinjal Chutney Recipe
- Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- Cooking oil
- Chopped tomatoes
- Grated jaggery
- Grated ginger
- Seedless tamarind
- Red chillies
- Garlic cloves
- Remove the stems of the eggplants and cut them into small pieces.
- Add dry red chillies, cumin seeds, peanuts and Asafoetida in a pan with oil and fry under medium heat.
- Afterwards, add tamarind, chopped ginger and chopped garlic to the ingredients on the pan.
- Stir until the garlic turns brown.
- Add the chopped eggplants to the pan and some salt. Stir and cover cook for seven minutes until the eggplants become soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan. Stir and allow the tomatoes to become soft and add the grated jaggery after turning off the heat. Mix well and leave the dish for a few minutes.
- Grind the entire dish and put it aside. This dish is best served with some tempering.
Vangi bath and Brinjal curry are other recipes that use Small Aubergine as one of the ingredients.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.