Traditionally from India, Basmati rice is one of the most popular rice in the world. This long slender grained rice is considered one of the healthiest rice out there having the least amount of arsenic and the most containing vitamins and minerals. Compared to other long-grain rice, Basmati rice is low in calories, fat, and cholesterol. That is why Tilda is committed to guarding the quality and heritage of this legendary grain.
Though both white and brown versions of the Basmati rice provide vital health nutrients such as B vitamins, Iron, and Magnesium, the brown basmati rice contains more fibre, Phosphorus, Zinc, and B vitamins. This is perfect for those who are planning to lose weight but still love to eat rice. They’re also great for those who are into an anti-inflammatory diet.
Tilda is one of the best Basmati rice brands in the world. They also sell them in various sizes for Basmati rice: 5kg, 10kg, and 20kg perfect for everyone’s needs.
Tilda Basmati Rice Ingredients
10 kg Tilda Basmati Rice is only made with sun-kissed, pure Basmati rice, hand-tended in the Himalayan foothills, the only place on earth where basmati can be grown. They even use state of the art DNA testing to check the purity of the rice they buy, ensuring the unique characteristics of basmati - long slender grains with a delicate texture with delicious, unique taste and tantalizing aroma.
Some of the nutritional facts included in Tilda’s Basmati Rice: 9g of protein, 1.5g of fat, and 76.7g of carbohydrates.
How To Cook Tilda Basmati Rice
- Add 1 cup of Tilda Pure Basmati to a bowl and cover with water. Soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add 2 measures of water to one measure of dry rice to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Remove the lid and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Lightly fork through grains to make it fluffy before serving.
Vegetable Rogan Josh
- 1 pouch Tilda Pure Basmati rice
- 150g baby new potatoes, diced
- 150g cauliflower florets
- 150g baby carrots, halved
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 3 tbsps rogan josh paste (vegan version if needed)
- 1/2 tsp toasted black onion seeds
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 200ml water
- 100g chickpeas, drained
- 1 large tomato, cut into quarters
- Salt and black pepper, to season
- Cook the potatoes, cauliflower, and carrots in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until soft. Drain and cool.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, and ginger and fry for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the Rogan Josh paste and black onion seeds and heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cooked vegetables, chickpeas, and water and simmer for 5- 10 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomato quarters and heat for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve piping hot.
- Heat the Tilda Pure Basmati rice according to pack instructions and serve with the curry.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.