Green cardamom is considered to be one of the oldest and classy spices used in Oriental cuisine. TRS Cardamom Green is a pack of whole cardamom seeds that tastes spicy and citrusy (like fresh lemon) and popularly used in many Indian dishes today like curries masala and even some desserts. They are packed as whole seeds so you can freshly chop them and add small quantities for your dish. You can also use them in preparing a great cup of coffee, and pastry.
Green Cardamom vs. Black Cardamom
The significant difference between black and green cardamom is the harvest time. The usual black cardamom requires a longer time before harvest and they are set to dry by roasting it over fire; this is why black cardamoms have a smoky flavour. While the green cardamom pods and seeds are harvested earlier and are used to give dishes a flavourful kick with their striking and intense aroma.
Green cardamom is considered to be one of the expensive spices in the market due to hoarding and re-pooling resulting in critical scarcity of the product. The strong and refreshing floral flavour of green cardamom is what makes it sought-after. Normally, you can still buy cardamom but in smaller quantities. This should not be an issue for home cooking since you won’t need too much for preparing a delicious meal for your family. There are so many recipes and methods that you can learn so you can understand how to use cardamom pods in moderation while still utilizing its amazing savoury goodness.
So if you’re looking for green cardamom pods, where to buy them, and how to use them at home – you just found the right place! Here at Red Rickshaw, you can get the premium quality of cardamom, buy them at an affordable price, and have them delivered to your doorstep today!
TRS Cardamom Green ensures premium quality cardamom pods, how to use them, and what to prepare is completely up to you. Make sure to read the full product description before you make your purchase.
Health Benefits of Green Cardamoms
- The high content of antioxidants in cardamoms showed significant results (in some studies) for weight loss, liver protection, and the prevention of anxiety.
- The antioxidants accompanied by diuretic properties help normalize blood pressure.
- It improves digestion and relieves acidity having a positive effect in preventing acid reflux and indigestion, and nausea.
- It contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Its aromatic components have shown positive results for improving mental health and boosts positive moods reducing the possibility of anxiety or depression.
- It has blood-thinning properties which help blood circulation in your body, particularly the lungs which are good for people with asthma and other respiratory problems.
- It is said to have shown successful contributions in terms of sexual-related dysfunctions like impotence and premature ejaculation.
What can you do with Green Cardamom?
Cardamom pods are safe to chew, however, their taste is quite strong for the normal palate, so what you can do is to remove the seeds and crush them by using a grinder to break them apart. You can set aside the pods and add them to your daily cup of tea, coffee, or milk.
Cardamom goes perfectly well with poultry, red meat, sausages, etc.
Must-Try Cardamom Recipes
- Cardamom Chicken (Masala Murgh)
- Cardamom & Cumin Infused Basmati Rice
- Cardamom Saffron Ice Cream
- Roasted Cardamom Vegetables
- Cardamom-Roasted Cauliflower