A fraction of Asian dishes uses TRS Plain Toor Dal as one of the ingredients. The sweet taste of this lentil attracts numerous consumers across the globe. That’s not all; this product contains different nutrients, which positively benefit the body.
To cook, this toor dal should be soaked in water before cooking. Additionally, this product can last for a long time under room temperature without spoiling.
How to prepare Toor Dal
- Soak in water for an hour.
- Remove from water and boil with turmeric, salt and some oil.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add different ingredients, as per an individual’s needs.
- Add Toor dal in the pan with spices.
- Cook for ten minutes.
- Garnish the meal with chopped coriander and serve.
The Health Benefits of TRS Plain Toor Dal
All the recipes with toor dal have health benefits since the different nutrients are intact. Frequent consumers of this product enjoy the following benefits:
- Fibre levels in any toor dal recipe offer relief from constipation and indigestion. Also, this nutrient improves stool movement through the bowel.
- Potassium in this product helps maintain normal blood pressure levels. This reduces the chances of developing any cardiovascular condition.
- The high protein levels in TRS Plain Toor Dal controls calories intake per day by making an individual full for a long time. Consequently, protein improves the body’s metabolism. A high metabolism speeds up the fat-burning process.
- The magnesium levels in toor dal boost the immune system, reducing the chances of contracting different ailments.
- This product helps diabetic individuals maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Carbohydrates in TRS dal provide the body and the body organs the required energy levels for normal function.
Recipe Suggestion for TRS Plain Toor Dal
There are plenty of toor dal recipes individuals can prepare. All the recipes are easy to prepare. Follow the below guidelines and prepare any of the below recipes:
- TRS plain toor dal
- Turmeric powder
- Green chillies
- Coriander seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Chopped tomatoes
- Garam masala
- Coriander powder
- Red chilli powder
- Fenugreek leaves
How to prepare
- Soak toor dal for an hour before pressure cooking. Add salt, water and turmeric to the pressure cooker. Monitor the toor dal while pressure cooking.
- Set aside once ready.
- Crush ginger, garlic and green chillies and set them aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Afterwards, add cloves, crushed coriander seeds and cumin seeds.
- Cook for a few minutes while stirring before adding onions.
- The brown colour should appear on the onions before adding the crushed, green chillies, garlic and ginger mixture.
- Afterwards, add tomatoes and salt. Stir well and cover the pan for six minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, fenugreek leaves, garam masala and cilantro in the pan.
- Stir for a few seconds then add the boiled toor dal.
- Mix the ingredients well and add water.
- While cooking adds some ghee to a different pan.
- Add red chillies and cloves to the pan.
- Mix well and transfer the content in the pan with toor dal.
- Serve after garnishing with cilantro.
Toor dal is another top TRS plain toor dal individuals can try from home.