Toor Dal is commonly used in various South Asian dishes like Toor Dal Ni Khichdi and Gujarati Dal, among others. The nutty taste of this legume gives meals a delicious flavour. Also, the TRS Plain Toor Dal should be soaked before cooking.
Toor Dal is also nutritious and benefits the body when regularly consumed. Additionally, Toor Dal can be stored at room temperature. This legume is also known as Tur Dal, and Pigeon peas split.
Health Benefits of TRS Plain Toor Dal
Regularly cooking TRS Plain Toor Dal 2kg injects different nutrients to the body. These nutrients have a positive impact on the body. Below are some Toor Dal health benefits:
- Vitamin B complex found in this legume helps maintain a normal metabolism rate in the body. Metabolism helps the body burn off fat.
- Niacin in Toor Dal improves the health of the skin. The skin will glow after continuous consumption of this legume.
- This legume is rich in dietary fibre that makes individuals full for a few hours. Also, fibre expels excess cholesterol levels from the body.
- The plain Toor Dal is high in magnesium which boosts the immune system. Magnesium also relieves depression and maintains normal blood pressure levels.
- Regular intake of this legume boosts the body with phosphorus that builds healthy teeth and bones. This mineral also helps repair damaged body tissues.
- The combination of magnesium, potassium and phosphorus in this legume improves the health of the cardiovascular system.
- Individuals struggling with constipation can benefit from dietary fibre in Toor Dal. Fibre improves bowel movement. Additionally, this nutrient prevents gastric problems.
- This legume contains proteins that build the body's muscles and tissues.
Recipe suggestions for TRS Toor Dal
Trying out different TRS Plain Toor Dal recipes make food enjoyable. Here are some top recipes worth trying out:
- Toor Dal
- Chopped tomatoes
- Cumin powder
- Green chillies
- Coriander powder
- Turmeric powder
- Grounded coriander
- Powdered jaggery
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Red chilli powder
- Ginger paste
How to prepare
- Add soaked Toor Dal in a pressure cooker with water under medium heat for ten minutes.
- Mash the ready Dal and set it aside for a few minutes.
- Mix tomatoes, jaggery, ginger-green chilli paste, kokum, salt, coriander-cumin powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add some water to the mixture before mixing with the ready Dal.
- Cook the Dal mixture under low flames for 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and add freshly cut coriander leaves.
- This recipe is best served with steamed rice.
Toor Dal Ni Khichdi and Sambar are other recipes to consider. The ingredients are readily available. Also, the instructions are simple and straightforward. Besides, TRS Plain Toor Dal can be stored under room temperature for a long period. Regularly take Toor Dal meals and boost the body's nutrients. Automatically, this will improve overall health.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.