Asian delicacies would taste funny if there were no chillies. This is why the Red Rickshaw online store sells green chillies that can be roasted, fried or consumed raw. Therefore, this spice can be added to different recipes. Additionally, green chillies have natural health benefits because of their nutrients composition.
The chilli can also be stored and used immediately after use. Refrigeration is the best way of keeping this spice fresh. This spice also improves the taste of different Asian meals.
Health Benefits of Green Chillies
Including a green chilli in a recipe has some health benefits. These benefits are long term if this spice is regularly consumed. The health benefits include:
- This spice contains both beta-carotene and Vitamin C that improve the health and look of the skin. Vitamin C also boosts the immune system, helping it fight different illnesses.
- The high levels of dietary fibre in green chillies can solve some digestive tract problems like constipation.
- One of the chillies benefits is a good supply of iron. Therefore, individuals suffering from low iron levels should include chillies in their diets.
- Capsaicin, one of the compounds found in green chillies, lowers the body temperature. This compound activates the cooling centre of the hypothalamus.
- Regular consumption of green chillies keeps the blood sugar levels at bay in diabetic people.
- This spice has large amounts of antioxidants which offer protection against cancer by fighting the free radicals.
- Chillies speed up the body’s metabolism. This increases the rate of fat is burnt in the body.
- Green chillies also improve the benefits of the cardiovascular system.
Green Chillies Recipe Suggestions
The chillies benefits are the same in recipes when correctly prepared. Below are some Chillies recipes to consider:
Pan-Seared Green Chilli Pepper
- Green chillies
- Rice vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Minced garlic
- Cooking oil
How to cook
- Slice the green chillies and remove the inside with a spoon.
- Flatten the chillies with a cutting board and a knife.
- Dry them with a power towel before setting them aside.
- Add rice vinegar, water, sugar, minced garlic, and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Pan-sear the flattened chillies for three minutes before adding the sauce mixture.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened before removing the serving.
Hari Mirch Fry
- Lemon juice
- Green chillies
- Coriander-cumin seeds powder
- Chilli powder
How to cook
- Use a knife to remove the stem before slicing lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a pan before adding the chillies.
- Fry on medium heat for two minutes.
- Afterwards, add lemon juice, coriander-cumin seeds powder, salt, and chilli powder to the cooking chillies.
- Mix well while on the heat for thirty seconds before serving.
The green chillies can be cooked in different ways. This is why they are present in various recipes. Chillies can improve the taste of a dish when the right amounts are added.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.