Golden Swan White Vinegar is a 5-litre pack of diluted acetic acid, which helps in the preservation of food, adds a tangy taste to dishes, and is fit for consumption in controlled amounts.
White vinegar is one of the main ingredients used in Chinese and Indo-Chinese dishes that give it its distinct zesty flavour and is also used for pickling. Besides this, vinegar can also be used in house works or gardening.
Recipes that could be made with White Vinegar:
- Chinese Hakka Noodles
- Chilli Chicken
- Pickles of various kinds
- Rasgulla (A milk-based Bengali sweet dish)
And many other dishes.
These recipes can be tried out using the Golden Swan White Vinegar, which one can buy from Red Rickshaw. One can also get £5 off on 1st order and avail of free delivery of the product on the expenditure of £50 or more in the UK Mainland (excluding Scottish Highlands).
How to cook
Indian Style Carrot Pickle Recipe:
Indian-style pickles are tangier than the pickles consumed in the West. They are made with loads of spices used for the preservation of the vegetables, which gives them a strong flavour. Pickles in India are generally served with lunch and dinner and can be eaten with a variety of dishes like Chapati-Sabji, Parathas, Dal-Rice, etc.
Serves: Many servings
Prep time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
- Thickly sliced carrots: 1 kg
- White Vinegar: 1.5 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds: 3.5 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds (Saunf): 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek Seeds: 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing): ⅓ tsp
- Red Chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 3 tsp
- Mustard Oil: ¾ cup
- Add the carrots and two teaspoon salt to a big bowl and mix them. Cover the vessel and keep it aside for a day.
- After a day, drain the water from carrots and let it dry on a clean cloth in the sun or under a fan for about 2-3 hours till the water from the carrot dries up.
- Dry roast the mustard, fennel, and fenugreek seeds in a pan. Once cooled down, grind them into a coarse spice mix.
- Put a bit of mustard oil in a pan and bring it to a smoking point. Add asafoetida and turn off the flame. Let the oil cool down.
- Mix the roasted spice mix, vinegar, other spices, a bit of salt, and the carrots in a bowl. Put this mixture in a glass jar.
- Add the mustard oil to the mixture and let it submerge the carrots; this prevents the pickle from going bad.
- Start consuming the pickle after 2-3 days. Serve it with any meal to zest it up.