Expert growers have been lovingly cultivating the Indian mango for millenia, resulting in an incredible number of different varieties. While many of these varieties bring something unique to their native regions, none is more celebrated than the Alphonso. You can recognise it by its vibrant colour, reminiscent of marigolds and saffron, and you'll love it for its rich creaminess, complex sweetness and tender, juicy texture.
Grown around Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, Alphonso mangos enjoy a brief season from April until June— that's because they weren't selected for their high yield or ability to withstand harsh weather, but purely for their distinctive, unbeatable taste.
- Known as hapoos, hafoos, hapuz, aapoos and 'the king of fruits' in India
- A rare and celebrated delicacy, expertly grown & cultivated
- Unbeatably tender, juicy, flavourful & fragrant
- ""Imagine a cross between peach, nectarine, apricot and melon with notes of honey and citrus. But better." —the Guardian
- Great for desserts, lassi, curries, salads, salsa, chutneys & preserves
- Also available in half-boxes or pairs
Please note that mangos usually require one more day of transit to reach customers in the Scottish Highlands, islands and Northern Ireland and will be riper on arrival as a result. We carefully inspect all our mangoes externally for bruises, blemishes and other quality issues. Unfortunately, we can't inspect the inside of each mango. We are not able to issue refunds for any blemishes found only on the inside of a mango.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.