Purchasing fresh peeled garlic can change the taste of any meal. The aroma of this spice improves with cooking. This spice can be prepared by either chopping or crushing. Above all, the garlic shelf life is weeks when stored at room temperature. Garlic also has medicinal values that date back centuries ago.
How to cook fresh garlic
Cooking fresh garlic is straightforward. The cooking process entails:
- Peeling off the garlic cloves.
- Crushing or chopping the cloves, depending on an individual’s preference.
- Add cooking oil to a pan and toss in the garlic cloves.
- Ensure the spice is soft before cooking the selected recipe.
The Health Benefits of Fresh Peeled Garlic
The numerous health benefits of peeled garlic cloves encourage individuals to purchase this spice from Red Rickshaw. Frequent consumers enjoy the following benefits:
- The sulfur compounds in garlic contain medicinal properties which help treat coughs and common colds.
- Garlic contains anti-inflammatory properties that improve the blood flow at different parts of the body. This improves blood pressure levels.
- The antifungal, antibacterial and antioxidant properties of garlic improve the skin’s health and fight off free radicals.
- This spice improves the brain's functioning, memory and reduces the chances of developing brain’s conditions.
- All of the fresh peeled garlic increases estrogen levels in the body, which subsequently reduce bone loss.
- Garlic promotes a healthy heart by lowering cholesterol. High cholesterol levels are linked to heart attack and strokes, among others.
- This spice boosts the immune system in fighting off viruses and bacteria.
- This spice helps detoxify toxins such as heavy metals from the body.
Recipe Suggestion for fresh garlic
The different fresh garlic recipes are easy to prepare because the preparation methods are simple. Try out any of the above recipes:
- Crushed garlic
- Cooking oil
- Grated cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Chicken breasts
How to prepare
- Preheat chicken breasts in an oven for five minutes.
- Add cooking oil to a pan and add garlic. Turn off the heat after two minutes and transfer in a bowl.
- Transfer grated cheese and bread crumbs to a separate bowl.
- Dip the chicken breasts in the garlic oil mixture.
- Afterwards, dip the chicken breasts in the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake the chicken in an oven for roughly forty minutes.
Indian Garlic Rice
- Garlic cloves
- Urad dal
- Mustard seeds
- Red chillies
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Cook the rice under medium heat after properly washing.
- Add cooking oil to a pan. Turn on the heat and add urad dal and mustard seeds.
- Occasionally stir for two minutes then add curry leaves and red chillies.
- Add chopped garlic cloves after thirty seconds.
- Cook until the garlic turns light brown.
- Add the cooked rice and salt into the pan.
- Mix well before serving.
The garlic curry is another must-try fresh peeled garlic recipe. Note that all recipes are full of nutrients.