The renowned TRS Sarson Ka Saag is a traditional Punjabi dish. This canned dish comes from a combination of green mustard leaves and curry sauce. Additionally, flavours can be added to this meal for a unique taste.
The canned Ka Saag dish can also be included in a variety of dishes. All the recipes involving this dish are simple but take a long to prepare. This dish can last for a long while in the can. Also, different ingredients have been used in the preparation of this dish. Therefore, the body ingests other nutrients.
Features and Health Benefits of TRS Sarso
The contents inside the Sarso ka Saag can are ready to heat and serve. This dish also doesn't require refrigeration provided the can is sealed.
There are different nutrients in this meal that help the body in different ways. Hence, the frequent consumption of this dish always benefits the body. These benefits include:
- Vitamin c- This dish contains sufficient amounts of Vitamin C that boost the immune system. A healthy immune system reduces the chances of contracting diseases.
- The Sarso Ka Saag has antioxidants that detoxify the body through excretion. These antioxidants also neutralize harmful free radicals.
- The Sarson Ka Saag recipe has high levels of fibre. Fibre deals with constipation and lowers the chances of contracting colon cancer.
- This dish contains reasonable amounts of folate that lower cholesterol levels in the body. Low cholesterol levels promote healthy heart condition and reduce the chances of contracting cardiovascular diseases.
- Frequent consumption of TRS Sarson Ka Saag improves bones health. Potassium and calcium are the nutrients that deal with the bones' health and prevent different conditions.
- This dish contains vitamin A that helps maintain healthy lungs, especially for smokers.
- Long term consumption of green leafy vegetables improves mental health.
Ginger, salt, garlic, vegetable oil, green mustard leaves, green chillies, onions and maize flour are the main ingredients in the Sarson Ka Saag meal. This is why they should always be in a cool place.
The most popular Sarson Ka Saag recipe is Makki Ki Roti. Salt, Maki ka Atta, hot water, carom seeds, and ghee are the main ingredients.
How to prepare
- Add Maki Ka Atta flour in a bowl before mixing with salt and carom. Thoroughly stir before adding water until the dough becomes warm.
- Knead the dough to attain firm yet smooth dough; form medium-sized balls from the dough.
- Pour some maize floor on a flat rolling board. Sprinkle some maize flour on the dough balls and roll a rolling pin on top. Do this on both sides. This will form a circular roti and should be thick.
- Apply oil or ghee on top of a grill and place the roti on top.
- Flip from one side to another while on medium heat. Both sides should be brown in colour.
- Apply ghee or oil on the sides while cooking roti.
Once ready, serve hot Makki Ki Roti with TRS Sarson Ka Saag and a few species.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.