One of three of our mango varieties available during the limited Indian mango season, Badami mangoes are a South Indian variety from Karnataka. Closely related to the Alphonso, the badami's thin and dull yellow skin won't prepare you for the surprise and delight contained within— bigger and arguably sweeter than the Alphonso, its sensuously soft insides contain a lingering note of tropical flavour. It's perhaps the best variety for eating with your hands, squishing it gently between your fingers before tearing in.
Faster delivery on mangoes: If you only include fresh, seasonal Alphonso, Badami or Kesar mangoes in your basket, you'll be able to see more available delivery dates and possibly get your order a bit sooner. If you'd like to order other goods as well, you still can. The difference in delivery days shouldn't be too large, and the mangoes will be fresh on whichever day we pack & send them.
- Sometimes known as the 'Karnataka Alphonso'
- A rare treat, available in limited amounts during the brief spring-summer season
- Often larger and more robust than other varieties
- Distinctive tropical aftertaste makes it the preferred choice of many mango lovers
- Also available in pairs and in larger boxes
We carefully inspect all our mangoes externally for bruises, blemishes and other quality issues. Unfortunately, we can't inspect the inside of each mango. Please note that we are not able to issue refunds for any blemishes found only on the inside of a mango.