Purchase a coconut and inject a variety of nutrients into the body. This whole fruit comprises the flesh, milk and husk. Both the flesh and the milk are edible and can be included in different meals. Coconut oil can also be extracted from a coconut seed. Additionally, this fruit can be stored at room temperature.
How to eat coconut
- Break the coconut into two halves.
- Tap the milk and drink.
- Cut out the flesh and enjoy while raw.
The Health Benefits of Coconut
There are different health benefits of coconut that regular consumers enjoy. The benefits are both short and long term. Looking at what is coconut also entails exploring the nutrients content. Examples of some health benefits include:
- Coconut contains good fats, which boost the health and normal functioning of the heart.
- This fruit provides the body with different electrolytes responsible for hydrating the body. The electrolytes also boost the normal functioning of both the muscles and the nervous system.
- Lauric acid in coconut triggers the formation of monolaurin. Monolaurin fights off bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Coconut contains antioxidants that protect the skin from harmful radiation. The antioxidants also slow down the skin ageing process.
- The antibacterial and antifungal properties of this fruit promote healthy hair growth by eliminating any scalp infection.
- Both calcium and manganese are essential for the proper development of bones and healthy teeth. Consequently, these minerals prevent different conditions.
- The coconut calories promote weight loss by boosting the body’s metabolism, which increases the fat burning process.
- This whole fruit is an excellent source of energy. The energy level supplies the body with the required energy levels for normal function.
- This product fights off free radicals in the body that can cause cancer.
Recipe suggestions for coconut
One of the uses of coconut is to include in recipes. Coconut enhances the taste of meals. Try out any of the following recipes during free time:
Indian Coconut Curry Rice
- Coconut oil
- Chopped onion
- Minced garlic
- Garam masala
- Yellow bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Curry paste
- Sliced zucchini
- Minced ginger
- Coriander powder
- Lemon juice
- Fresh basil
How to prepare
- Boil rice in a pan and closely monitor.
- At the same time, heat some coconut oil in a pan. Add zucchini, onion, bell peppers and garlic.
- Stir the ingredients then add coriander powder, garam masala, curry paste, pepper, salt and minced ginger.
- Squeeze coconut milk out of the coconut and add to the pan.
- Stir and add lemon juice.
- Transfer the rice into the pan once cooked.
- Add the fresh basil and stir before serving.
Coconut Chicken Curry
- Coconut milk
- Cooking oil
- Chicken breasts
- Minced garlic
- Chicken broth
- Curry powder
- Chopped parsley
- Tomato paste
How to prepare
- Add some cooking oil in the oven and cook the chicken for five minutes after adding pepper and salt.
- Place a pan with cooking oil on top of the heat and add onion, curry powder and garlic.
- Stir for three minutes and add tomato paste, chicken broth, tomatoes, coconut milk (by squeezing the coconut flesh) and sugar.
- Allow the ingredients to cook for three minutes while regularly stirring.
- Add the chicken to the oven and cook for twenty minutes while regularly stirring.
- Afterwards, sprinkle some parsley and serve.
All the above coconut recipes are nutritious and delicious at the same time.