What is Fenugreek Leaves?
Fenugreek leaves is a most commonly used herbs in Indian cooking. It has a smoky, earthy and slightly bitter flavour. They are used right at the end of the cooking process to add instant flavour to dishes.
Methi leaves or fresh fenugreek leaves have a unique fragrance that adds an irresistible aroma to meals. This ingredient can be included in various popular dishes like curries, paratha and dal, among others. That’s not all; fresh fenugreek contains different minerals and vitamins which positively improve consumer’s health.
Visit Red Rickshaw and buy fenugreek leaves for timely delivery. This ingredient can be stored in a refrigerator or at room temperature.
Methi Leaves Health Benefits
The nutrients in fresh methi leaves will improve an individual’s health in different ways. Some benefits are visible whereas others are not. Some renowned health benefits include:
- The high iron levels in methi leaves treat and prevent anaemia at the same time.
- Iron in this ingredient is also essential in the production of haemoglobin in the red blood cells, which aids in the transportation of oxygen to different parts of the body.
- Regular consumption of fresh fenugreek leaves reduces bad cholesterol levels in the body. Automatically, this reduces the risks of developing stroke or heart attack.
- This ingredient contains fibre which keeps the blood sugar levels at bay. Therefore, diabetic people can comfortably consume this ingredient.
- The Fibre level in methi leaves improves the digestion process by making the stool soft. Also, fibre relieves constipation and improves the health of the digestive system.
- All the Fenugreek leaves recipes has Vitamin K which aids in the healing process. Vitamin K also plays a crucial role in bone metabolism.
- The low calories in this ingredient help maintain healthy weight levels.
Recipe Suggestions for Fresh Fenugreek
The fresh fenugreek recipes are popular and easy to prepare. Additionally, all the recipes can be prepared within a short period. The other ingredients are also readily available. Some top recipes include:
Indian butter chicken
- Fresh fenugreek leaves
- Chilli powder
- Cooking oil
- Ground coriander
- Garam masala
- Chicken thighs
- Raw cashews
- Raw almonds
- Unsalted butter
- Heavy cream
- Brown sugar
How to prepare
- Squeeze lemon juice in a bowl and add grated garlic and ginger. Stir well before adding yoghurt, salt, garam masala, paprika, chilli powder, cooking oil, coriander and turmeric. Mix the paste well and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and marinate with the above paste. Afterwards, leave alone for roughly an hour.
- Add water, cashews and almonds in a small bowl and leave alone for a few minutes.
- Add some butter in a pan and add garlic and ginger under medium heat. Stir well and add some coriander.
- Continue stirring and add some tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes before adding garam masala, salt and brown sugar.
- Remove the almonds and cashews from water and grate. Afterwards, add in the cooking pan.
- Add the marinated chicken to the pan and cook under medium heat. Stir well and allow the chicken to cook for roughly thirty minutes.
- Stir once the chicken is ready before adding cream and the fresh fenugreek.
- Once ready, serve with either rice or naan.
Palak Paneer is another fenugreek leaves recipe individuals can try out with methi leaves. Visit Red Rickshaw to buy fenugreek leaves and try out other recipes.