Gujarat region is famous for different recipes such as Ondhwa, a spicy cake dish characterized by various spices and vegetables. The Jalpur Ondhwa flour is used in the preparation of this delicious cake dish. Jalpur flour is a combination of rice, Chana Dal and turmeric.
This flour is also rich in different nutrients like protein, among others. This is why the flour is used in various recipes apart from spicy cakes and lentils. The flour should be stored in an airtight lid once the packet has been opened. This helps maintain the freshness of the flour.
Ondhwa Flour’s Health Benefits and Features
Any Ondhwa flour recipe is fresh because of the airtight packaging. This is why the flour goes for long before usage.
There are different nutrients in any Ondhwa flour recipe prepared. These nutrients benefit the body in different ways. The health benefits include:
- Protein, one of the ingredients found in this flour, increases the fat burning process in the body by increasing metabolism.
- Ondhwa flour dishes increase the strength of the muscles and overall muscle mass because of high protein levels.
- Carbohydrates found in this flour supplies energy levels to the different body organs.
- Dietary fibre found in the Ondhwa recipe flushes out excess cholesterol levels in the body. This prevents health complications linked to high cholesterol levels.
- Fibre also improves bowel health by enhancing the digestion rate. This nutrient also reduces constipation in the body.
- Diabetic people can regulate the blood sugar levels with this flour recipe thanks to the high fibre levels.
- Protein in this flour helps improve the health of the bone.
Jalpur Ondhwa Flour Ingredients
Jalpur flour comprises three main ingredients, mainly turmeric, rice and Chana Dal. These ingredients are 100% pure.
Ondhwa spicy cake.
Ondhwa flour, cooking oil, semolina, potatoes, carrot, strong wheat flour, onion, yoghurt, crushed garlic, crushed ginger, green chillies, salt, cloves, cinnamon, salt, turmeric, mustard seed, soda bicarbonate, and sesame seeds are the ingredients for making Ondhwa spicy cake.
How to prepare
- Pour some Ondhwa flour into a bowl. Add semolina, yoghurt, and strong wheat flour to Ondhwa flour before stirring. Afterwards, add warm water to the mixture to attain a fine mixture. Leave the mixture alone overnight.
- Grate carrots, onions and potatoes before adding them to the mixture. Add reasonable amounts of garlic, ginger, green chillies, turmeric and salt before stirring the mixture.
- Heat some oil before adding cloves, sesame seeds, mustard seeds and cinnamon. Pour these ingredients into the Ondhwa mixture.
- Add some warm water and soda bicarbonate to the mixture. Immediately, the mixture will start rising.
- Grease a baking tray with oil before placing the mixture at the top. Bake the mixture for thirty minutes at 170 degrees heat. Use a knife to assess if the recipe is ready.
- This Ondhwa recipe can be served with coriander & chilli chutney or yoghurt & coconut Chutney.
There is no doubt Jalpur Ondhwa flour offers health benefits because of the ingredients used in recipes.