While not as famous worldwide as the Alphonso, many people vouch for the superiority of Kesar mangoes. They can be recognised by their pretty red-to-green ombre hues and cute button 'nose' at the end. First cultivated at Gir wildlife sanctuary, the last remaining home of the Asiatic lion, this variety is beloved all over Gujarat for its neon orange, non-fibrous pulp— especially great for lassi and any smooth desserts. They're a little smaller than alphonso, but with perhaps a stronger fragrance and a slightly more citrus-like, aromatic taste.
- Also known as the 'Gir Kesar' mango
- Awarded with Geographical Indication (GI) status to protect its origins
- Arguably the smoothest, juiciest and least fibrous mango variety
- Especially good for lassi, kulfi, ice cream and shrikhand
- Also available in half-boxes or pairs
Please note that mangos usually require one more day of transit to reach customers in the Scottish Highlands, islands and Northern Ireland and will be riper on arrival as a result. We carefully inspect all our mangoes externally for bruises, blemishes and other quality issues. Unfortunately, we can't inspect the inside of each mango. We are not able to issue refunds for any blemishes found only on the inside of a mango.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.