It's like magic— a nutty, aromatic clarified butter that can be stored at room temperature, lasts for ever, has an extremely high smoke point (250 °C!) for all your frying and roasting needs, and contains at most only trace amounts of lactose. But ghee isn't magic, it's a tradition that dates back thousands of years. Popular all over India as both a cooking fat and a meltingly delicious topping over hot food, this humble tin might just be the thing to turn merely decent cooking into the kind of Indian culinary masterpiece you've been dreaming about.
- Ideal for baking, frying, deep frying, sautéing, seasoning and spice tempering (also known as tarka, chaunk or vaghaar)
- Plays an important role in Indian cuisine, culture and traditional Ayurvedic medicine
- Naturally lactose free (may contain trace amounts)
- Distinct, irreplaceable flavour and aroma
- High smoke point— very difficult to burn
Allergen: Produced from milk.
S.O.P International Limited
Orland House Mead Lane
Herford SG13 7AT UK