Laila is a well-known flagship brand of Surya Foods, one of the leading Basmati rice manufacturers in the United Kingdom. The first Laila Basmati Rice was introduced in 1996 heading for London, Birmingham, Manchester and Bradford. Today, It is a name associated with quality and excellent food products and the finest basmati rice found in Punjab.
Laila Basmati Rice 10kg has a delicate aroma and is packed with natural, tasty goodness suitable for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Basmati rice works well paired with curry dishes or accompaniment to any meat, vegetable or fish dish. Because it is a type of aged rice, its flavour and taste are naturally intensified.
Health Benefits of Basmati Rice
Basmati rice is an excellent choice for those seeking a healthier rice option because it is rich in vitamins and minerals. It is free from cholesterol and has a super low content of fat and sugar. This type of rice is also packed with carbohydrates, an excellent energy source and will keep you going throughout the day.
Laila Basmati Rice contains:
- 1560 KJ/360 kcal of Energy
- 8.9g of Protein
- 1.6g of Fat
- 77.0g of Carbohydrates
- 0g of Dietary Fibre
Storage and Cooking Instructions
Store in a cool, dry place. Once the bag is opened, keep it closed tightly and consume it within the best before the date stated in the packaging. To cook the perfect Basmati rice at home, follow the general instructions below:
- Take 75g of basmati rice (per person) and rinse it in running water.
- Place in a large pan with boiling water. Stir and bring it to a boil again. Cover it with a lid.
- After 10 minutes, reduce the heat. You can also wait until the rice is tender enough.
- Drain the water and keep it covered for another 3 minutes.
- Fluff the rice up using a fork.
Craving for prawns? You can pair it with Laila Basmati Rice to make your dish even better. Check out this tasty egg and prawn recipe that you can make at the comforts of your home:
TAKEAWAY STYLE PRAWN & EGG FRIED RICE
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
Ingredients you will need
- 1 cup peeled tail-less prawns
- 3 cups Laila Basmati Rice (cooked)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small white onion (chopped)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper & crushed chilli flakes for garnish
- Preheat a pan to medium heat. Add the vegetable oil along with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Cook for 5 minutes or until the prawns are no longer light pink.
- Add the soy sauce and continue stirring. Take the prawns off the heat and set aside.
- Add the white onions and peppers. On the other side of the pan, pour the beaten eggs and scramble until they are cooked. Add spring onions and then mix the egg with the vegetables together.
- Add the cooked Basmati rice to the cooked prawns and vegetables. Pour in a bit of oyster sauce.
- Continue stirring until everything is mixed well together. Garnish with chilli flakes if you prefer. Serve.
This product is not available to be shipped internationally.