Dal is an integral part of Indian subcontinent cuisine. Encompassing a range of split pulses, Dal includes lentils, peas and beans.
Toor Dal, a split lentil, is a key player in South Asian dishes, recognised by its light beige colour and yellow interior. Celebrated for its nutty and earthy flavour, Natco’s plain Toor Dal is mostly used in vegetarian dishes, perfect for healthy comfort eating.
● Otherwise known as pigeon peas, yellow lentils, Tuvar Dal, Toovar Dal, Arhar Dal (more commonly used in Northern India), Thuvaram Paruppu, Thuvara Parippu
● Gluten free
● Toor Dal is a key ingredient in Gujarati Dal, Sambar and Toor Dal Ni Khichdi, another Gujarati star recipe
● High in protein, iron, folic acid, magnesium, potassium and B vitamins
● Requires soaking before cooking
● 2kg bag to last you for a long time