Savoury pancake Moong dal Recipe -
Generally, most recipes with moong dal are Indian cuisine based. But many moong dal recipes can be changed up to taste.
Natco Moong Dal Yellow, red chillies, cumin seeds, asafoetida, grated ginger, fresh coriander, salt and butter/ oil.
- Thoroughly wash one cup Natgo Moong Dal.
- In a bowl, mix washed Natco Moong Dal, red chillies, cumin seeds and asafoetida powder.
- Add water and leave to soak overnight or soak until moong dal beans have softened.
- Grind all soaked ingredients into a fine, smooth paste.
- Place a heavy-bottomed flat pan over a medium flame.
- Grease the pan’s surface with oil or butter.
- With the help of a ladle, nicely spread the batter in the shape of a flat pancake.
- let the pancake cook for 2 minutes and flip.
- Add oil/ butter to the other side of the pancake. Cook until golden.
- Take the pan off the heat and place the pancake on a plate.
- Serve with yoghurt or other savoury chutneys.