The sweet taste of ripe papaya attracts numerous consumers. This fruit can be included in refreshments, puddings and desserts. The low papaya calories allow individuals to consume without worrying about weight gain. Being a fruit, papaya contains different nutrients, which positively improve an individual's weight.
For consumption, cut this fruit into two and eat the pulp. Seeds should be disposed of. For durability, individuals should store ripe papaya in a refrigerator.
The Health Benefits of consuming a ripe papaya
Any papaya recipe contains nutrients that have an impact on consumers. Some renowned health benefits of papaya include:
- This fruit contains zeaxanthin antioxidant that protects the eye from different infections. Also, this antioxidant protects the eye from age-related complications.
- Beta carotene, a compound found in ripe papaya lowers the chances of someone developing asthma. This nutrient also lowers the chances of someone developing prostate cancer.
- The high levels of Vitamin K found in this fruit helps in blood clotting after an injury and in the recovery process. Vitamin K also strengthens and rebuilds strong bones.
- Papain and fibre levels in papaya improve digestion. This occurs by preventing constipation and speeding up the digestion process.
- Choline, which is available in ripe papaya, reduces chronic inflammation. Additionally, choline improves an individual’s sleeping pattern, memory and overall muscle movement.
- Potassium and fibre reduce the possibilities of someone developing heart complications.
- Papaya contains vitamin A and Vitamin C, which improves the hair’s health.
Recipe suggestion for Ripe Papaya
Apart from the papaya salad recipes that are common, there are other recipes individuals can easily try out. Most ingredients are readily available in the market. Below are some recipes to consider:
- A ripe papaya
- Cooking oil
- Green cardamom powder
- Almond powder
How to prepare
- Properly wash the ripe papaya before slicing.
- Remove the seeds before slicing the papaya.
- Apply some cooking oil in a pan and heat under medium heat.
- Add the sliced papaya to a pan.
- Cook under medium heat for two minutes before lowering the heat.
- Stir the papaya while cooking for ten minutes.
- Add sugar when the papaya starts releasing juice and changing colour.
- Stir and continue stirring for another twenty minutes under low flame.
- Afterwards, add the almonds powder to the pan and occasionally stir while cooking for six minutes.
- Add cashews, cardamom powder and sugar. Stir and continue cooking for two minutes.
- Serve and enjoy while hot.
- Orange juice
- Black pepper powder
- Fresh lemon juice
How to prepare
- Wash the raw papaya and cut it into two.
- Peel the fruit and remove the seeds.
- Place the papaya in a blender and add other ingredients.
- Blend and enjoy.
Consider other recipes apart from only a papaya salad recipe after ordering this fruit from Red Rickshaw. The recipes have simple and easy to understand instructions.