Shana Masala Chapathi Thepla is a brand that sells the Indian Masala Chapathi Thepla available within the United Kingdom marketplace. But what is Masala Chapathi Thepla to begin with? Thepla is an Indian traditional nutritional food that is healthy and satiating. It is a staple food that can be easily cooked. It is undeniably delicious and beneficial as it can help in providing aid in one’s weight loss journey. It is helpful because of the abundant nutrients that it contains.
The thepla calories content varies per serving but a single thepla contains 120 calories. This 120 calorie meal consists of 59 calories of fat, 52 calories of carbohydrates, and 9 calories of proteins. Aside from these calorie contents, here are among the health benefits of thepla:
- Vitamin B-complex. Thepla is rich in vitamin B-complex. As wheat flour is the primary ingredient used in the making of the thepla recipe, it is rich in vitamin B-complex because wheat flour is rich in it, too. Aside from this, wheat is also rich in fibre and other vitamins. Thepla helps in burning extra calories and also provides energy to get through the day.
- Good for the eyes, hair, and skin. Just as thepla is good for the weight loss journey of someone because of its richness in vitamin B-complex, it is also good for the eyes, hair, and skin. The nutrients and vitamins present in it help to promote glowing and healthy skin, something that is considered as “goals” by other people— especially teenagers. Aside from this, it is also good for the eyes, liver, and nerves.
- Rich in minerals. The nutritional contents of thepla increase or decrease depending on the mixture that the cook adds to the thepla recipe. The concentration on the mixture determines the nutritional values it contains, in simpler words. For instance, adding vegetables like bottle gourd, carrots, and spinach can increase the nutritional benefits in thepla recipe.
- Includes calcium and magnesium. A basic thepla recipe is made with fenugreek leaves. These fenugreek leaves are known to have the right amount of calcium and magnesium. Hence, it aids in making the teeth and body sharper and stronger.
- Rich in protein. Since thepla is made of flour, it is rich in protein, most importantly when it is made from wheat flour as it is rich in protein per se. Soya flour and grain flour can also increase the protein content of the recipe. More so, oats and barley can be added to boost its nutritional benefits as well.
Thepla recipe ingredients:
- 1 tbsp oats flour
- 1 tbsp barley flour
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tbsp chopped methi leaves
- Pinch of turmeric, salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, and sesame seeds
- 4 to 5 tbsp curd
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil (1 tsp for the mix and another 1 for cooking)
Thepla is made using any multigrain flour mixed with salt and other common spices. With a great source of vitamins, it is low in calories.