Barley Flour UK
The kitchen must-have you didn’t know you can’t live without – TRS Barley Flour. This premium JAV flour is made from dried and ground barley. This is an essential baking ingredient for making bread like flatbreads, barley bread, muffins, and even cakes. If you are wondering where to buy this non-wheat ingredient, don’t worry! Red Rickshaw has got you covered. Your organic barley flour is only one click away and can also get delivered to your doorstep!
There are two types of barley flour that you must consider before using, coarse and fine. Coarse barley flour is produced by milling barley groats. On the other hand, fine barley flour is made by milling pearl barley. Barley flour organic qualities are heightened by its sweet, nut-like flavour that significantly impacts the other ingredients mixed into it. It also gives a darkened finish colour effect to your baked goods.
Why should you buy barley flour?
Nowadays, controlling eating habits and appetite boosts are only getting harder to achieve. With multiple selections of food anywhere you go, home cooking has become underrated. However, you can easily transition to a healthier diet with the help of TRS Barley Flour. Here are several reasons why:
- Barley is an excellent source of necessary carbohydrates.
- Barley contains a significant amount of fibre. This is why barley foods can easily make you feel full. When you properly plan your meals every day and lessen your feeling of hunger, it may help you lose weight over time.
- Since it is non-wheat, barley contains less fat and has components that promote cholesterol absorption in your body.
- It may serve as a comfort food if you want to feel full without actual overeating.
- Studies also proved that barley is an excellent source of vitamins that scientists connected to various health benefits such as: lowering risks of high blood pressure, decrease the risk of heart diseases, prevent diabetes by reducing sugar levels, etc.
Additionally, the consumption of barley should not be taken lightly. Before changing your diet, consult your doctor if you are pregnant or just gave birth (breastfeeding). If you are suspecting gluten-sensitivity, barley may also trigger allergic reactions.
Barley Flour Recipes
Here are quick and easy barley flour recipes that you can try at home. Enjoy your bread creations with TRS Barley Flour.
Ingredients for Barley bread
- 2 tsp. yeast (active dry)
- 2 cups TRS Barley Flour
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. iodized salt
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups warm water
Procedures for making Barley bread:
- In a mixing bowl, add honey and yeast with warm water, let it sit until yeast is activated
- On a separate mixing bowl, combine TRS Barley Flour, whole wheat flour, and all-purpose flour. Stir to even out.
- Gradually add the combined flour to the yeast mixture. Start with 3 scoops, mix and set aside the other half of the flour for kneading.
- Once the consistency of the yeast and flour gets integrated, the texture will become mud-like, set aside, and cover with a clean cloth to proof for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough to release air, add the olive oil, salt, and half cup from the remaining flour, and start kneading. Add flour occasionally until the dough can be easily separated from the bowl.
- Pour flour on a counter-top, knead the dough for 10 minutes; add more flour if necessary. Slowly turn the dough into a large ball, and gently place into a lightly oiled bowl, coat the entire dough with oil, cover and leave to proof until the size doubles.
- Punch down to release air, divide to preferred proportions, cut across the top centre, transfer to an oiled baking pan, cover again, and leave to rise.
- Pre-heat oven 350℉ (180℃) and bake for 50 minutes.
You can also try these with TRS Barley Flour:
- Barley Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Barley Flour Chocolate Cake
- Authentic Greek Barley Rusks
- Barley honey flatbreads
- Norwegian Crisp breads | Purple Barley Crackers