Before preparing any TRS Chana Dal recipe, soaking is required. However, the duration depends on the meal being prepared. This type of lentil should be stored in a dry place that is away from direct sunlight. Additionally, users should store in an airtight container for improved shelf life.
How to cook TRS Chana Dal
- Properly wash chana dal after opening the pack.
- Afterwards, soak this lentil in water for fifty minutes.
- Drain the water and pressure cook. Add water and turmeric to the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook under high heat for ten minutes.
- Once ready, include in the desired recipe and enjoy.
TRS Chana Dal Health Benefits
Visit Red Rickshaw and buy Chana dal to enjoy short and long term health benefits. This lentil is packed with different nutrients. These nutrients include:
- The high magnesium and potassium levels in this product maintain proper electrolyte balance. This relieves hypertension, keeping the blood pressure levels at bay.
- Fibre levels in chana dal keep individuals full for long. This helps control appetite, reducing the calories intake per day. Hence, individuals can maintain healthy weight levels.
- Manganese, one of the minerals in this lentil is an excellent source of energy. The minerals also boost the immune system.
- The high fibre levels in TRS Chana Dal helps maintain digestive disorders like bloating and constipation.
- Saponins and Phyto-oestrogen levels in this product help women balance the hormonal levels during post-menopausal and menstruation.
- The combination of folate and magnesium lowers cholesterol levels. This reduces the chances of developing a cardiac attack.
- Iron helps prevent anaemia in children and women at large. This product supplies the body with the right iron levels.
- Fibre levels in Chana Dal help balance blood sugar levels.
TRS Chana Dal Recipe Suggestion
Visit Red Rickshaw and buy Chana Dal to try out different recipes. These recipes are simple and easy to prepare. Try out any recipe whose ingredients are readily available:
Spinach Chana Dal
- TRS Chana Dal
- Cumin seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Chopped green chillies
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped spinach
- Grated ginger
How to prepare
- Soak TRS Chana Dal in water for thirty minutes.
- Afterwards, transfer this lentil to a pot and boil.
- Add salt and turmeric to the pot. Stir in and cook for another one hour.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Afterwards, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and onion.
- Cook onions for four minutes to attain a brown colour.
- Afterwards, add green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Cook for three minutes before adding spinach and water.
- Cover the pan for ten minutes under medium heat.
- Add the boiled chana dal to the spinach mixture and stir.
- Ensure the salt is enough before serving.
Chana Dal Pulao is another simple TRS Chana Dal recipe individuals can try. The long shelf life of this lentil allows individuals to prepare different recipes at different periods.