Vegetarians should purchase TRS Chana Dal from Red Rickshaw and prepare different recipes. This lentil is available all year round. That’s not all; chana dal is packed with different nutrients which regular consumers enjoy. Always store in an airtight container; for freshness and to retain flavour.
How to prepare Chana Dal
- Properly wash to remove any dirt.
- Afterwards, soak in clean water, depending on the recipe being prepared.
- Drain water and boil for over an hour with clean water.
- Included in the selected recipe and enjoy.
The Health Benefits of TRS Chana Dal
The nutrients in TRS chana dal benefit the body in different ways. The benefits can be noticed weeks into regularly consuming this lentil. Some renowned health benefits of chana dal include:
- The combination of fibre and protein ensure individuals control appetite levels by slowing digestion at the start. This limits calories intake at any given time.
- This lentil is rich in protein, helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels for individuals with hypertension. Additionally, protein increases muscle mass and repairs damaged body cells. Protein also promotes healthy bone growth.
- Fibre levels in this lentil prevent spiking of blood sugar levels by limiting the sugar levels entering the blood at any given time.
- Individuals with different digestion problems can benefit from high fibre levels in this product. Generally, fibre relieves constipation and bloating. Consequently, this nutrient promotes a smooth digestion process.
- The antioxidants in TRS chana dal offer the body protection against different chronic diseases.
- Potassium and magnesium in this lentil boost the heart’s health and enhances normal function.
TRS Chana Dal Recipe Suggestions
Visit Red Rickshaw and buy chana dal and try out different recipes. This lentil is available around the calendar. The following are some easy to prepare meals worth trying out:
Coconut Gravy Recipe
- TRS Chana dal
- Dried red chillies
- Fresh coconut
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Soak TRS Chana dal in water before boiling. Add salt to the boiling pot and stir while this lentil is cooking.
- Afterwards, heat cooking oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Add dried red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida in the pan and properly mix.
- Wait for two minutes before adding the boiled chana dal.
- Mix well and cover the pan for three minutes.
- Add grated coconut and cook for a minute.
- Serve and enjoy.
Chana Dal Stew
- TRS Chana Dal
- Peeled potatoes
- Green chillies
- Minced ginger
- Garam masala
- Roasted Cumin seed
- Coriander seeds
- Ground cumin powder
- Chilli powder
- Boil TRS Chana dal in a pot filled with water.
- Add cumin seed powder, macaroni, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, coriander, chilli powder and salt in the pot.
- Ensure Chana dal is properly cooked before adding roasted cumin seeds and garam masala.
- Once ready, decorate with chillies, ginger, onion slices, lime and coriander leaves before serving.
Apart from the delicious TRS Chana Dal recipes, this lentil can last long if well stored.